Monday 2 March 2009

Back from a weekend away.

We had a great weekend away. We left Friday about 1pm, and travelled up to Maidstone first so I could get some things in Hobbycraft. Then it was plain sailing up to Dunstable on the M25 and then the M1 and then the A5, which makes a change.

On Saturday we went into Luton bright and early and got a train into London. It only cost £8 for a travel card which gave us access to the underground too, which we used a lot. We went to the London Eye first which we had booked tickets for the previous evening. You don't realise how high it is until you are standing underneath it! The views are outstounding and we were very lucky as the skies were very clear and it was a very mild day too. It's expensive to go on, it cost £55 for four of us, but I really enjoyed it.



P2280015

DSCF0612

Afterwards we went and had some lunch, managed to find a little shop that did sarnies for £2, which can't be grumbled at in London. We then went onto the V and A museum and to be honest, I was very disapointed in it. I remember going there as a child and enjoyed it then but it is like a totally different museum now. It's for the arts now and wasn't so much when I was a child. So, we went across the road to The Science Museum and I really did enjoy that one.

The only real gripe for me for the day was the Underground. I bloody hate it with a passion. We were packed liked sardines on some of the routes we went on and everything is rush rush, hurrry, rush rush. Oh, and some of the escalators are huge and I couldnt look down lol. I like to visit London but wouldn't want to live there..............couldn't afford it for one thing lol.

But all in all it was a great day out and I would do it all again!

No comments:

Post a Comment